Niu Jie, or Ox Street Mosque, is the oldest mosque in Beijing and enjoys great reputation among Muslims of all persuasions and nationalities. It is a striking mosque and definitely worth a visit. It was located in Xuanwu District Beijing where is the spiritual center of 10,000 Muslims around.
According to legend, an ancient imam lives in the catacombs beneath the mosque and if non-believers should attempt to enter its prayer hall, he will pop up and send the "heretic to Allah" by perforating them with small steel balls.
The Niujie Mosque Built in 993, the 14th year under the reign of TongHe in the Liao Dynasty reparations had later been carried out on a large scale in the Ming and Qing dynasties and particularly after liberation, it has been repainted several times, thereby making it look ever more shiny and bright.
Say it in details, three-time renovations have been took place after founding of New China in 1949. The Beijing Municipal Government has started rebuilding a residential area mainly inhabited by Muslims. The work on the 35.9-hectare area around Niujie Street will involve moving 7, 500 families, 58 percent of whom are Muslims. The project will turn Niujie Street into a Muslim-style commercial street. The area will be home to multi-story buildings, schools, kindergartens and public facilities. Niujie is presently a narrow street where most people live in old houses with a per capita floor space of 5. 1 square meters.
In recent years, the Beijing government has completed a number of infrastructure projects to improve water, electricity, and heat and gas supplies there. Beijing municipal government launched a project to improve local people's living conditions through demolishing old and shabby houses and building new multi-story buildings in the area in 1997.
Architecturally, the main compositions are Worship Palace, song trapped hall and the Moon Enjoy building etc.
Temple worship monastery is the main building. There is a three-tier roof; the oldest convergence Department has a vertical arc half wall, as a special decorative motif here. The front head is a sharp save to keep the pavilion-style buildings, called Kiln Temple. Kiln Temple positive niche with the full carving intricate Arabic and flowers. Inside of the Worship hanging glass beads, colored glass lamp composed of various large chandeliers.
House of worship songs trapped in front of the Temple is a pavilion building. House of worship songs before I went to the roof -- was trapped for hours to report the followers, known orator or awaken House floor. Its predecessor was Zunjing Cabinet in Yuan Dynasties.
All of the worship is along the platforms symmetrically. Annals of the monument were that the nine-year (1496) after the rebuilding of places of worship was built. Han Albanian inscription original text statue, spelling is unclear. In addition to covered buildings, relics included: a 2.70 - meter high, Arabic engraving and "Reign of three Palace auspicious build" iron incense burner; one 0.50 meters high copper incense burner, weighs 1,800 numbers. Four years of Qing Dynasty (1039) in large Tongguo. The building of places of worship, the Chinese used the traditional wooden structure, but in the main building detailed decoration, the Islam with the Arab style architecture.